Difference between revisions of "Hybrid"
(rewrite, wikipedia links)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Current '''Hybrids''' (HEV) such as the [[Honda Insight]] and [[Toyota Prius]]
Current '''Hybrids''' (HEV) such as the [[Honda Insight]] and [[Toyota Prius]] unfortunently not [[WikiPedia:Battery electric vehicle|electric ]], as they can not use electricityas an external fuel source. Rather they are gas cars some electric car tricks, but not the most important ability not gassoline as fuelmay become the missing of . burning combustablesheat engineto the waste heat[[WikiPedia:Cogeneration|]], . Rather than from gasoline they are merely a way to slightlyconsumption . It's the fuel which be the president said '''"[[SEVA:User:Rjf#State of the Union 2005|America is addicted to oil]]"''', Plug-In Hybrids may be a big part of the solution.
Hybrids can be clasified as [[Series Hybrid]]s like diesel locomotives, very heavy machinery, and EV's with pushers or on board generators; [[Parallel Hybrid]]s such as the Honda's [[IMA]]; and [[Series-Parallel Hybrid]]s like Toyota's [[HSD]], Ford's [[Hybrid System]] [[WikiPedia:Ford Escape Hybrid]], and General Motors and DaimlerChrysler's [[AHS2]].
Hybrids can be clasified as [[Series Hybrid]]s like diesel locomotives, very heavy machinery, and EV's with pushers or on board generators; [[Parallel Hybrid]]s such as the Honda's [[IMA
Revision as of 09:44, 11 March 2006
Current Hybrids (HEV) such as the Honda Insight and Toyota Prius are unfortunently not W:electric vehicles, as they can not use W:electricity as an external fuel source. Rather they are gas cars with some electric car tricks, but not the most important ability of not using gassoline as W:fuel. So such vehicles may prove to become the missing links in the History of transportation. The effeciency advantage of W:electric motors and batteries are diminished with the requirement of burning W:combustables with an onboard W:heat engine. Better it would be, to more fully utilize the W:waste heat from traditional local power W:cogeneration plants with an eye towards W:wind, W:solar, and other W:sustainable resources. Rather than transitioning from gasoline they are merely a way to reduce (slightly) consumption of finite fuels. It's the versitility of using traditional combustion and an array of electric fuel sources which makes Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles such an attractive solution which could be easily achieved today with current off the shelf technologies. As the president said "America is addicted to oil", Plug-In Hybrids may be a big part of the solution. Since currently no production PHEVs exist, Hybrid Conversions are modified production vehicles with larger batteries and chargers.
Hybrids can be clasified as Series Hybrids like diesel locomotives, very heavy machinery, and EV's with pushers or on board generators; Parallel Hybrids such as the Honda's IMA; and Series-Parallel Hybrids like Toyota's HSD, Ford's Ford Hybrid System W:Ford Escape Hybrid, and General Motors and DaimlerChrysler's AHS2.
|Current Production Hybrid include|
|Year||Make and Model||PHEV Versions|
|2000||Honda Insight||Insight PHEV ideas|
|2002||Honda Civic Hybrid||none yet|
|2005||Honda Accord Hybrid||none yet|
|2000||Toyota Prius||none yet|
|2004||Toyota Prius||Prius PHEV|
|2006||Toyota Camry Hybrid||none yet|
|2005||Toyota Highlander Hybrid||none yet|
|2005||Lexus RX 400h||none yet|
|2005||Ford Escape Hybrid||none yet|
|2006||Mercury Mariner Hybrid||none yet|
|2006||Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid||maybe never, it's a Mild hybrid|
- EVDL - Low-cost hybrid version of Honda Fit subcompact car, Yahoo Prius-G2, Yahoo honda-hybrid
- ? Azure Dynamics Corporation
- ? Hino Hybrid Trucks - Tractor Trucks
- ? GM commuter busses
- 2006 Detroit, Los Angeles Auto Show Index Hybrids
- PSA Peugeot Citroen Diesel Hybrid - by 2010
- WikiPedia:Hybrid vehicle - WikiPedia:List of hybrid vehicles
- http://www.ctts.nrel.gov/analysis/hev_test/data.shtml - Hybrid Electric Vehicle Testing (Insight and Prius)
- Hybrid Cost Calculators -  , 
- PSD a Misnomer should be Torque Split Device
Emergency Response Safety
- Toyota Prius G1 Prius G2
- Ford 
- LA County EV & Hybrid Vehicle Hazards
- Bad Press ( “At this point, it’s totally overemphasized as a hazard” )
- The Gridable_Maillist: or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gridable-hybrids
- The PriusPlus_Maillist: or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/priusplus
- Our EAA-PHEV_Maillist: or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eaa-phev
- January 11, 2006 - Sea Lion Gives New Hybrid Cars His Seal Of Approval video
- Hybrid Taxes uschamber.com
- 2005.11.25 - Yahoo Prius-2G Chamber Suggests Taxing Hybrids and Billing Drivers By the Mile
- 2005.11.26 - EVDL Extra TAX on High-Milage Hybrids ?? WHAT !!
- 2005.11.25 - mercurynews.com Report suggests taxing hybrids, billing drivers by mile
- 2005.08.23 - cnn.com Cars with electric appeal - Video
- 2005.08.23 - wusatv.com - Blast Columnist For Remarks On Emergency Crews, Hybrid Vehicles Y
- In reference to Brock Yates, Hybrid issues, and a rising star at Indy.
- 2005.08.21 - delawareonline.com More drivers turning to hybrid options