Welcome to the new home of the EAA-PHEV Project, which formerly lived at SEVA:EAA-PHEV.
We're still moving in to the new site so please bear with us, the migration plan can be found on the discussion page. The old EAA-PHEV page will be named Prius HSD PHEV, the EAA-PHEV_PRIUS_Documentation is now named PriusPlus, and the old Conversion Hybrids & PHEV Projects pages are now on the History page. We're also making room for more pages to address the potential conversion for each of the current production hybrids, many of which have similar powertrains to that in the Prius.
Here on the main page we should address some of the basics, such as:
- What is a Hybrid, versus an all electric vehicle?
- What's all the fuss about "plugging in", what differance does it make?
- What changes do we make to convert a gas only hybrid to a Plug-In Hybrid?
- What does the number after the PHEV represent, how do we measure their mileage and performance?
- What types of hybrids are there? Full, Mild, Series, Parallel, Series-Parallel
PlugInPartners.com is a national grass-roots initiative to demonstrate to automakers that a market for flexible fuel PHEVs exists today. "Forget Hydrogen, Forget Hydrogen, Forget Hydrogen". "It's a coalition between the Tree-Huggers, Do-Gooders, Sod-Busters, Cheap Hawks, and the Evangelicals". --James Woolsey, former director of the CIA. Sign the petition, watch the webcast, and spread the word. In short, a PHEV delivers all of the advantaged of a BEV while retaining the unlimited range of traditional gas vehicles.
CalCars.org Description goes here.
Electric Auto Association Description goes here.