Manual Integrated Motor Assist
The MIMA or (Manual IMA (Intigrated Motor Assist)) project has developed a component and pre-assymbled kit to allow Honda Insight drivers to manually control both IMA Assist and Regen. This modification enables the driver to alter the IMA's normal assist and regen characteristics. It also makes it possible to directly input assist and regen with an analog joystick. It is currently only available for the Insight but not the Civic or Accord. While not an Insight PHEV project itself, it might make it possible to utilize additional battery capacity in a Mixed-mode similar to Prius PHEV at speeds greater than 34mph.
- http://pages.cthome.net/genesisone - Mike Dabrowski, the MIMA Creators Site.
- Discussion at InsightCentral.net
- Grid Charging
- MIMA L works in a CVT (automatic circuitry with foot pedal)
- Hybrid controls and the MIMA project
- Mima Statue Update
- (Moderators note: the newest version of MIMA is CVT compatable)
- Its a complex topic and modification. And one that should be carefully reviewed if your deciding on purchase.
- 2005.10.09 - evworld article