Prius PHEV User Interfaces
This page addresses user interface and State Of Charge Manipulation management device options for Prius PHEV conversions. Such a device would need to be capable of executing logic similar to this Prius PHEV Pseudo Code. Though an actuall Interface or display may not be required so long as the SOC manipulation is handled properly, such an interface is still desireable because it provides the user with feedback and might also allow for user interaction and configuration. Conversly a management device may not be required to perform SOC Manipulation functions with certain conversion methods though the data they provide about the vehicles opperation may still be valuable.
This is a MFD Integrated CAN Scanner, named CAN-View.
The Official Website is http://www.hybridinterfaces.ca
- http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=11644 yahoo Lost C1 C2 [ C3]
- http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=2281 hardware level display hijacking, unrelated?
- Now available at http://www.priuschat.com/shop/
These additional features are supported by the 2nd version of the CAN-View, some require additional hardware.
- Aftermarket Navigation System Interface (Pioneer's AVIC-88)
- Serial MFD touch screen coordinates are outputted from the CAN-View via a serial DB9 RS232 port.
- SCART Plugs and cables. 
- A $110 CC2RGB converter from http://www.threedoubleyou.com/otherconverters.htm outputs composite NTSC video via the CAN-View. A VAIS iPod interface might be desirable for audio.
- Field Programming - http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=11644&st=40#
- The Silabs development kit C8051F310DK (available on the DigiKey website at US$99)
- A $99 BOBIII device from http://www.decadenet.com outputs clean RGBs to the MFD via the CAN-View, it uses serial input to create color text.
My CAN Project
OK, not "My" Can Project, but some very nice software none the less.
- May Required Linux and all that that entails
- Open Source courtesy of Attila Vass!
Other CAN scanners
- http://www.ecrostech.com/Products/MiniScanner/Intro.htm - Classic Prius (2000-2003)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Prius_Miniscanner_MarkIII - THS Prius (2004+)
- http://www.hemdata.com/Products/Dawn - Another CAN scanner, with HEV screenshots.
- priusdiy.fc2web.com/index - Translated from Japanese to English
- http://www.carplugs.com - Source for OBD2 connectors.