Jump to navigation Jump to search
- EAA = Electric Auto Association.
- PHEV = Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle.
- SIG = Special Interest Group.
- BMS = Battery Management System.
- SOC = State Of Charge, is a percentage of the charge remaining. 20% SOC is 20% full.
- DOD = Depth Of Discharge, the opposite of SOC, 20% DOD is 20% empty or 80% full.
- CAN = Controller Area Network, used for vehicle communication between computer systems.
- MFD = Multi-Function Display, or the Touch Screen which is standard on all Prius
- IMA = Integrated Motor Assist, Honda Insight, Honda Civic Hybrid, Honda Accord Hybrid.
- HSD = Hybrid Synergy Drive, Toyota Prius, Toyota Highlander, Lexus RX 400h.
- AHS2 = Advanced Hybrid System 2, General Motors and DaimlerChrysler
- FHS = Full or Ford Hybrid System, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner Hybrid.
- V2G = Vehicle-to-grid, bi-directional charging and grid load balancing.
- AER = All-Electric Range, the distance a vehicle can travel on its battery alone.
- MPGe = Miles Per Gallon of Gasoline equivalent.