Prius EV Mode
EV-only mode is auto canceled outside of the following limits:
- >=45% SOC 2 Bars (mode cannot be entered unles SOC is >=50% 3 Bars)
- Accelerator pedal position <=120 (out of 255), corresponds to approx. 120A or 24kW
- Vehicle speed <34 mph (55 kph)
- Defrost not selected (and possibly some other control selections)
- The ICE will start 7 seconds after vehicle startup unless EV-only mode is entered during that time.
- Once the ICE starts the first time during a trip, it will not stop until it has warmed up.
- The A/C compressor is electric, and the A/C will work while in EV-only mode.
- When the EV-only mode is entered, the hybrid model screen will show. A beep will be heard only if that screen wasn't already showing.
- Three beeps are heard whenever EV-only mode is requested but not allowed, and when it is auto canceled.
One must wait around five seconds before a new EV-only request is acknowledged.
Regenerative braking is limited by all of the following:
- ~30A if SOC is >=80%
- HV 250-270V (progressively greater limitation)
None of the above voltage limits have been tested for temperature-based variations.
See Prius EV Mode Button for instruction on it's installation.