< User:RjfJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 01:49, 14 April 2021 by Rjf (pull pertinent data from thread. Add schematic image.)
While troubleshooting some DC-DC Issues, suspected to be the fuse, dug back into Insight Hardware: Backstory:
- Have been distracted by having been driving a Leaf, then another Leaf, Then a 2017 Bolt, and soon hopefully a CyberTruck.
- In the meantime, my 2000 Honda Insight has been sitting idle for years now.
- 2018-2019 roughly, I pulled the IMA Battery and balanced all the 7.2v modules, replacing the weak ones, resulted in good IMA with no more recal events.
- No special precautions were taken for storage, and there was some moisture build up due to leaks and or the moist climate.
- 2020 and 2021 every few months I would start up the ICE just to keep it happy, and during that time noticed the 12v system was not charging.
- The 2000 Honda Insight is made by TDK and rated for 70Amps output side and by all accounts very efficient and robust.
So, looking to get that back into service:
- Musing use of a Circuit Breaker to replace (unavailable/Expensive) DC-DC Fuse
- DC-DC Operation out of vehicle
- Connect HV Side 80~220VDC: Orange to + and Black to -
- Connect LV Side 13.95V Battery: White to + and Black to -
- Connect the (G) Blue/White to ground (Green/White inverter/car side of loom)
- Connect the (P) Black/Yellow to +12 On/Off Toggle if you like
- Optional connections:
- (B13) Yellow/Blue - inverter temp reading (There may be NO INTERNAL OVER TEMP PROTECT so be careful or build one)
- (A27) Green/Black - dc-dc inhibit signal (?a faulty ground here may cause DC-DC to not function?)
- ( A7) Red/Yellow - ECT (Engine Coolant Temp) 0.1~4.8v ie:10k on 5v (Used for higher output when cold, cold 12v battery)
- ( A9) White/Green - DVC control signal (10Hz PWM but analog also worked? Adjusts output 12.3v~15.2v)
- Brown/White - Gauge Assembly (Add: LED+1k resistor or 12v lamp as charge indicator, Will be off when DC-DC is active) (?Is this to ground or hot?)