Battery electric vehicle
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Battery electric vehicle (BEV) is an electric vehicle whos battery is recharged by plugging it in to an electric power source for fuel.
- 1 Available Vehicles
- 2 Major Auto Manufacturers ( no longer in production )
- 3 Available / Low Volume / Prototypes / Startups / Planned or in Production
- 4 More vehicles that don't have local pages yet.
- 5 NEV ( Neighborhood Electric Vehicles / Low speed )
- 6 Motorcycles and Large Scooters
- 7 E-Bicycles
- 8 See also
- Chevrolet Spark
- Chevrolet Volt
- Fiat 500e
- Fisker Karma
- Ford Focus EV
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV
- Nissan Leaf
- Tesla Model S
- Tesla Roadster
- Toyota Plug-In Prius
- 2013 Toyota RAV4 EV
Major Auto Manufacturers ( no longer in production )
- GM EV1 (Several hundred produced for lease only, all recovered, most destroyed)
- Chevrolet S10 EV (Some sold to fleets, available on secondary market as refurbished vehicles)
- Chrysler TEVan (1993-1995) and Second Generation EPIC (1998-200?)
- Ford Ranger EV (1998-2003, some sold, most leased and recovered and destroyed)
- Honda EV Plus (Several hundred produced for lease only, all recovered, most destroyed)
- Toyota RAV4 EV (Rare, Some leased and sold, out of production, supported)
- Solectria Force
- Nissan Altra
- Nissan Hypermini
- Think City
Available / Low Volume / Prototypes / Startups / Planned or in Production
- Efficient Drivetrains Inc PHEV Truck Prototype The world's first Parallel-Series-Electric PHEV powertrain system.
- Phoenix Motorcars - Truck, SUV, and '37 Ford Cabriolet Coupe replica
- Tango - Sports Car - Ultra Narrow - Based in Spokane, Wa
- tzero - Sports Car - range extending trailer
- Venturi Fetish - Sports Car
- Wrightspeed - Sports Car
- XS200 electric vehicle
- Subaru R1e and Subaru G4e
- Myers Motors NmG formerly called the Sparrow by Corbin Motors
- Eliica - Exotic Lithium powered Sports Car / Limo
- Arcimoto Pulse - Reverse trike prototype
- 2008.03.18 - cnet.com - 100-year-old electric car to go into production again The Detroit Electric
- JayLenosGarage - video of an Original
- Trinity PHEV, Sequoia PHEV and Coulomb PHEV prototypes produced by Dr. Andy Frank and Team Fate at UC Davis.
More vehicles that don't have local pages yet.
- 2007.12.07 - engadget.com - Smith brings "world's largest all-electric truck" to the US
- 2007.12.11 - autobloggreen.com - EVS23: The green machine - Smith Electric Truck comes to America
- 2007.10.11 - autobloggreen.com - Aptera launch Nissan concepts
- YouTube Aptera videos
- 2007.12.21 - popularmechanics.com - Aptera's Super-MPG Electric Typ-1 e: Exclusive Video Test Drive - PM hits the streets and gets looked at more than ever before, then heads to the shop for first-look details on a futuristic car so efficient it’ll make your jaw drop. The good news? It’s coming next year.
- Gaia Transport The Pod One plug-in hybrid sports car
- Mitsubishi i MiEV SPORT 
- Electrovaya Maya-100 2005.10.25
- Hybrid Technologies LiX-75  Lithium based $125,000 supercar, 200mph top end.
- Miles Automotive - enters the race.
NEV ( Neighborhood Electric Vehicles / Low speed )
- bugev.net An enclosed 3-wheeled electric vehicle
- http://sunnev.com - lightweight from scratch high school PV NEV project.
- Tara Tiny
- http://www.spark-ev.com mostly NEVs with plans for high speed vehicles.
- Electrovaya Maya 300 Lithium Ion Powered
- Green Vehicles Cool new company promising a complete line of lithium ion powered vehicles
- 2008.04.26 - autobloggreen.com - VIDEO: New Triac highway speed electric car available now?
- Zap makers of EVs such as the Xebra.
- Green Vehicles - 3-wheel, 80mph, 100-120mi range commuter car
Motorcycles and Large Scooters
- 2006.11.21 - motoring.co.za - Vectrix Maxi: two wheels green
- 2007.07.31 - king5.com - Kirkland man leads way with innovative scootervideo
- 2007.12.29 - motoring.co.za - Vectrix unveils first electric superbikew/video, 240V 60kW PM BL DC motor with peak 102Nm, 7.5kW/hour 64kg (141lb) Li-ion battery, total weight 204kg (450lb), Range: 124miles@24mph, 62miles@50mph, 43miles@75mph, top speed of 200km/h (124mph).
- http://www.tlb.org/scooter.html - Build a Segway like scooter.
- 2007.07.01 - Shazam! It's Lightning's marvelous superbike Machine was wrenched and yanked from Yamaha's R1
- Sound Speed Scooters selling EVT Electric Scooters and performing conversions in the Fremont neighbourhood of Seattle
Local (Puget Sound area) Ebike clubs:
- Northwest Electric Bicycle Network
- Energy Transitions NW
- Energy Transitions E-Bike Blog
- Good Explanation of Benefits of E-Bikes
- All About Hub Motors
- E-Bikes Use Less Energy Than Human Powered Bikes
- Torque of Geared vs Un-geared Hub Motors
Local ebike retailers:
- Comprehensive list of EVs on the way by Plug-in America
- Wikipedia:List of production battery electric vehicles
- WikiPedia:Battery electric vehicle - electric automobiles specifically
- WikiPedia:Electric vehicle - broader electric transportation
- WikiPedia:Category:Production electric vehicles Articles about production electric vehicles