|Click show for a short list of the current PHEV conversion and kit options for the Toyota Prius.|
EnergyCS (http://www.energycs.com/) was the first for-profit corporation to offer PHEV conversions. Presently, it has completed more PHEV conversions than any other company. It specializes in conversions for the 04-06 Prius. The Amberjac is partnered with EnergyCS to provide conversions in Europe.
Originally, kits from EnergyCS were installed by EDrive. The two companies have since parted ways, and EDrive is designing its own conversion.
The company principal is Pete Nortman.
- 2006.04.30 - redherring.com - Q&A: EDrive’s Greg Hanssen - EDrive’s president says the company plans to launch plug-in conversion kits for the Toyota Prius hybrid this summer.
- 2006.04.25 - cnet news - Coming soon: Cars that get 100 miles per gallon
- 2006.04.23 - redherring.com - Plug-In Hybrids Get 100+ MPG - While some automakers use hybrid technology to boost performance, some drivers are raising their MPG.
- 2006.04.07 - gizmodo.com - EDrive Systems Testing Plug-In Prius Hybrid
- 2006.03.31 - LA, EnergyCS, the Monrovia-based engineering firm, announced today that it has delivered the first Toyota Prius sedan retrofitted with plug-in hybrid technology to California's South Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD) for testing and evaluation.