Request for Show of Interest in Converting Prius to PHEV Instructions
Please respond directly to email@example.com by copying these questions into your message and adding your answer after each one. Any response is not a commitment to buy anything, or an order, but a way to help us make it easy for you by helping determine how far to go in having components made. We want to know from the converters the following:
- 1. How definite are you about doing a conversion with our open source plans?
- 2. What is your timeframe?
- 3. What fabricated components or assemblies are you interested in buying, at the following estimated prices?
Estimated Fabrication Costs
Assembled and tested circuit board $250-500 Battery tray (4 needed) $150-250 Battery box top $150-200 Battery box foundation $150-200 Electronics tray, assembled and wired $500-1K Set of pre-built battery cables $150-200 Pre-built low-power wiring harness $150-300 Total (including 4 trays) $1950-2500
These are estimates for the labor only; approximate components costs are at PriusPlus#Parts_availability.
- 4. Are you interested in becoming a fabricator and/or kit supplier?
This question applies to for-profit businesses (we know of one or two who may be interested) as well as to individuals.
- a. Are you interested in fabricating subassemblies? If so, which ones?
- b. Are you interested in assembling components into full or partial kits?
- c. Would you be interested in organizing the orders? We need a volunteer or for-profit business to organize this process of deciding what the interest is, what can be economically be built given that interest, who will do it; then how to commission, order, pay for, collect, store, and deliver the parts and subassemblies.