Prius PHEV User Interfaces
This page addresses user interface and State Of Charge Manipulation management device options for Prius PHEV conversions. Such a device would need to be capable of executing logic similar to this Prius PHEV Pseudo Code. Though an actuall Interface or display may not be required so long as the SOC manipulation is handled properly, such an interface is still desireable because it provides the user with feedback and might also allow for user interaction and configuration. Conversly a management device may not be required to perform SOC Manipulation functions with certain conversion methods though the data they provide about the vehicles opperation may still be valuable.
 CAN-View Scanner
The CAN-View is now the first official user interface for 2004 & 2005 Prius PHEV conversions.
 My CAN Project
OK, not "My" Can Project, but some very nice software none the less.
- May Required Linux and all that that entails
- Open Source courtesy of Attila Vass!
- Utilizing a CAN232 (CAN to RS232 device)
- 2007.12.07 - Continuing work on this project can be found as a Trac SVN project via http://sourceforge.net/projects/mycanscan
 Simple CANbus scanner
Find attached a few photos of my (Jim Fell) simple CANbus controller for the Prius. It just reads the three messages of relevance from the oem battery pack and can process any control algorithm necessary then send the signals to Rich Rudman's PFC. See FellUK for Jims conversion.
 Other CAN & OBD-II Scanner Projects
- http://www.ecrostech.com/Products/MiniScanner/Intro.htm - Scantool for Classic Prius (2000-2003)
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Prius_Miniscanner_MarkIII - THS Prius (2004+) Group now closed, waiting to be deleted
- http://www.hemdata.com/Products/Dawn - Another CAN scanner, with HEV screenshots.
- priusdiy.fc2web.com/index - Translated from Japanese to English
- http://www.carplugs.com - Source for OBD2 connectors.
- CANview is a CAN to RS232 device, not to be confused with the CAN-View (notice no dash in the name)